04 June, 2011

Poem - Tattoo


                                      
I was rather surprised to find that a very good friend of mine had had a tattoo inserted on her back, just below the neck, soon after graduating from university. The design of the tattoo is a colourful flower in bloom with the title I am not perfect. This young lady, in reflecting on her life's experiences, asserted that it is best to use one's talents to achieve a desired outcome than to inflict unnecessary pressure on oneself to be perfect. 
    



Tattoo


Not that I have attained or been perfected but I press on…
                                                                     Philippians 3:12             

                                       I shuffle along an avenue
                                               Leafless trees         
                                                    Drifting             
                                           Nowhere in particular
                                               Lost in thought   

                                            Young lady passes
                                                    Briskly         
                                           Tattoo atop her back    
                                       Colourful display of flowers
                                              I am not perfect       


                                        Caption impacts my eyes
                                               The mind stirs         
                                      Thoughts tumble and churn
                                          Transform into words
                                             I am not perfect   


                                           Colours and words 
                                                Merge fade                    
                                            As the young lady
                                           Walks assuredly to
                                            She knows where


                                            Agitated I reflect
                                        The journey of my life
                                  Memories experiences regrets
                                          Etched on my mind       
                                            I am not perfect      


                                      I shuffle along an avenue
                                              Leafless trees       
                                                   Drifting    
                                               Lost in thought
                                              I am not perfect


                       
  
      
    Toff   
 June 2011

No comments: